Our colleagues are invited to bring cases for discussion where specialist input may be of assistance. Any queries regarding patients with possible genetic kidney disease may be brought to this meeting. These may include:
- Are further investigations recommended for clinical assessment of the patient?
- Is genetic/genomic testing recommended and, if yes, which test and laboratory are the most appropriate? Can you provide advice regarding the logistics of ordering a test?
- What is the meaning of a genetic test report or any of the listed comments?
- What screening and management is advised for the patient and their family members?
- How might issues relating to test consent, family dynamics and other ethical concerns be addressed?
Cases for discussion should be summarised on the attached Renal Genetics MDT Case template and emailed to Renal_Genetics_MDT@health.qld.gov.au by Thursday prior to the meeting. A list of cases to be discussed will be circulated the morning of the meeting.
The meeting will be held Mondays 12pm-1pm on the following dates:
- 10 May 2021
- 14 June 2021
- 12 July 2021
- 9 August 2021
- 13 September 2021
- 11 October 2021
- 15 November 2021
- 13 December 2021
Meetings will be run by Teams and all are welcome to attend. If you are interested, please email Renal_Genetics_MDT@health.qld.gov.au and you will be added to the meeting list.