Aged Care Conference
Date: 9-11 August 2017
Venue: Education Centre, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, Herston
Hosted by Metro North Hospital and Health Service this conference is attended by delegates from across Australia to look at the many topics concerning aged care.
The 2017 Aged Care Conference was held over 3 days from the 9 – 11 August 2017.
The 2017 full program will has a range of topics that will be discussed including:
- clinical workshops ( including wound management / continence management)
- the recognition and management of chronic wounds and skin failure
- caring for a CALD resident cohort
- delirium/dementia /Depression (Early recognition)
- palliating patients in a Residential Aged care Facility
- when and Why to transfer a patient to Emergency?
- hypothetical – exploring and demystifying Goals of care/Ceilings of care/Futile treatment/Advance Care Planning/Advance Health Directives/ Acute Resuscitation Pl
- caring for the residents family assisting to meet their expectations
- how can the Hospitals provide more support to Residential aged care facilities
- personal stories.
Stand registration is now open and is $260 for 3 days. This included the social function and catering.
Single Day Tickets – Day 1, Day 2 or Day 3 – are $140 each day and can also be purchased. Registrations closes on 4 August 2017. Invoice requests will only be granted if there are 4 or more delegates wishing to attend from a single organisation. Please phone 07 3646 1525 to arrange.
Please note your receipt may show the register’s name and not the delegate’s name. Your facility name will be listed on the receipt which can be used to submit a expense claim form.
If you are interested in hosting a trade stall at this event, please contact the Events Office via 07 3646 1525 or email Metronorthemail@example.com to receive an application form.
What past delegates have written on their evaluations when asked which session was most interesting and why:
“Very engaging multi-model presentations by an outstanding presenter”
“Great idea’s – inspiring! Wonderful presentation”
“Great to have a session at a conference that helped me personally”
“Excellent content, excellent speaker, inspirational, awakening…”