Herston State of the Art Healthcare Symposium
Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital will host the Herston State of the Art Healthcare Symposium showcasing the facilities strengths in research and innovation, fostering partnerships and reinforcing the commitment to provide a wealth of opportunities for physicians, nurses and health professionals.
Date: 9 – 12 September 2019
Venue: Education Centre, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
It is free to register and attend
The symposium offers an opportunity to join colleagues and to be informed on national and international best practice and innovative healthcare.
Symposium Gala Dinner
RBWH Foundation is delighted to invite you to celebrate the 2019 Herston State of the Art Healthcare Symposium with friends and colleagues at a Gala Dinner to be held on the evening of the final day’s program.
Ticket price includes pre-dinner drinks by the pool, a three-course meal, wine and beer.
The Calile Hotel is also offering guests wishing to stay the night a 15% discount (excluding suites).
All abstracts selected will be required to present an E-poster. A template will be provided. All selected abstracts will be seen at various locations across the facility.
Orals – some abstracts will be selected for an oral presentation
Presentation time will be strictly 10 minutes in total and can include as many slides that can fit into the seven minutes presentation time followed by three minutes of question time. This will be done through ZOOM and you will be provided with details if accepted for oral presentation.
Some researchers who are selected will also be asked to present three slides for a three minute presentation followed by two minutes of question time. Details will be provided if selected.
Dates to remember
Friday 14 June 2019: Abstract submission deadline
Monday 8 July 2019: Notification of receipt of abstract and outcome
9-12 September 2019: Herston State of the Art Healthcare Symposium
The winning entry in the following categories will each be awarded $1000 towards attendance at a relevant national or international conference:
- Professor Lawrie Powell AC Early Career Research Award
- Best research oral or poster presentation by an individual currently enrolled in a research higher degree
- Open to all researchers, from any discipline
- The Professor William Egerton Award for Medical Research
- Best research oral or poster presentation by a medical researcher.
- Open to medically-qualified practitioners (e.g. registrars or junior consultants).
- The 2019 Nursing Research Award
- Best research oral or poster presentation by a nurse researcher.
- Open to nurse-qualified practitioners.
- Discovery and Innovation Research Award
- Best research oral or poster presentation that addresses research innovation, technology (including information technology and biotechnology) and/or basic science research which is relevant to clinical care.
- Best Clinical Research Award
- Best clinical research oral or poster presentation.
- Open to all Researchers.
- Health Practitioners Research Award
- Best research oral or poster presentation by a health practitioner researcher.
- Open to health practitioner qualified practitioners.
9 – 12 September 2019
Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
Herston, QLD 4029
Phone: (07) 3646 1525