In line with the Chief Health Officer’s Direction, as of 1 am, Friday 25 September, visitors and support persons are now allowed at this facility. You can have two visitors at any one time, for any length of time, within visiting hours.
Example: A pregnant patient’s partner and the patient’s support person may visit at the same time during the patient’s labour. In addition, some local arrangements for visitors may be in place.
Your support person must not attend in person if they:
- have been asked to self-quarantine, for example due to travel overseas or interstate
- have returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- have been diagnosed with coronavirus (COVID-19) and are self-isolating
- have had close contact with a person who has novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the last 14 days
- are unwell, particularly with a fever (37.5 degrees or more), cough, sore throat or shortness of breath.
If you would like other people to attend your appointment virtually, please discuss this with the reception staff who can make arrangements for a telephone or video link to be accessed whilst you are in your appointment.