Any person aged 12-59 years are now eligible for the Pfizer Vaccination.
Priority groups for vaccination
- Any person requiring a second dose of vaccine (based on vaccine type and age eligibility)
- Pregnant women during any stage of pregnancy
- Any worker in the following industries:
- Residential aged care and disability care workers
- Healthcare workers and support staff including students on clinical placement
- Hotel quarantine workers (including passenger transport services)
- Workers at airports that receive international and domestic flights
- Queensland-based international and interstate air crew workers
- Border workers
- Freight workers who cross domestic borders
- Distribution centre workers
- Fly-in-fly-out workers
- Volunteers at a COVID-19 testing or vaccination clinic
- Maritime industry workers
- Critical and high risk workers e.g. emergency services, corrective services, youth detention centres, meat processing businesses, freight and food distribution
- School and early childhood staff
60 years and over
METRO NORTH VACCINATION CLINICS WILL BE UNABLE TO PROVIDE PFIZER COVID-19 VACCINATION TO INDIVIDUALS AGED 60 YEARS AND OVER UNLESS THEY MEET THE CRITERIA BELOW
- Previous confirmed history of:
- Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis (CVST)
- Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT)
- Idiopathic splanchnic (mesenteric, portal or splenic) venous thrombosis
- Anti-phospholipid syndrome with thrombosis
If there are other medical considerations that may make your patient eligible for COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine, please contact the Metro North Vaccination Medical Officer for advice.
Please provide your patient with a completed Recommendation to Receive the Pfizer (Comirnaty™) COVID-19 Vaccine and your patient will need to book to receive a COVID-19 vaccine at a Queensland Health vaccination location.
Please note that Metro North Health Vaccination Clinics may require further information to assess eligibility and your patient may not be vaccinated on the day of presentation if supporting evidence is not available.