Adult Mental Health
The Adult Mental Health Services at Caboolture and Redcliffe are provided in the community for people over 18 years who are experiencing moderate to severe impairment in functioning due to mental illness.
The majority of people we see are affected by mental illness and would benefit from a multidisciplinary service due to the intensive or complex nature of the care required. People who use the service may have difficulty accessing and maintaining psychosocial supports which help community inclusion and maintain social functioning. We provide services for people with diagnosis, such as:
- severe personality disorder
- affective disorders complicated by comorbidities including substance misuse and personality disorders.
We provide multidisciplinary community mental health assessment and treatment services to people who are affected by mental illness, their family or significant others and carers. This service is provided with a recovery-oriented approach that is person-centred, strengths-based, collaborative and empowering. We emphasise a person’s choice, building resilience and enhancing opportunities for social inclusion. Our mental health teams operate on the premise that people can and do recover from mental illness.
How to access this service
Admission to the service is arranged following an assessment by a mental health clinician or doctor at the Redcliffe or Caboolture Emergency Departments or from our Acute Care Team or our Community Teams. After hours (after 4.30pm) consumers can be referred through 1300 MH CALL (1300 64 22 55).
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Recovery goals and plan
- Medications you are currently taking, including any that you have bought without a prescription and herbal medicine
- Private health insurance card (if you want to use it)
- Glasses, hearing aid, walking frame
- General Practitioner contact details (if they have one)
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
Mental Health Ward 1
Mental Health Facilities
Location: Ground floor, Caboolture Hospital (behind the Community Health Centre next to the Mental Health Units)
Phone: (07) 5316 5810
Fax: (07) 5316 5830
Open: Monday-Friday, 8.00am-4.30pm
Redcliffe Adult Mental Health Service
Location: 181 Anzac Avenue, Kippa-Ring
Phone: (07) 3897 6222
Fax: (07) 3897 6233
Need help outside hours?
Call 1300 MH Call (1300 64 22 55).
In the case of an emergency call 000.