Caboolture Hospital is undergoing a major expansion and redevelopment to build a bigger and better hospital with more health services and carparking for the community by mid-2023.
The $399.5 million project will deliver a five-storey clinical services building that supports 130 new beds, a six-storey multi-storey carpark and a new stand-alone engineering and maintenance building.
The Caboolture Hospital redevelopment will provide the community with access to a modern health facility and new specialist healthcare services, meaning patients can be treated closer to home, reducing the need to travel to larger facilities for treatment.
The Caboolture Hospital Redevelopment includes:
- New main entry, café and visitor’s lounge
- New and expanded Emergency Department
- 10-bed Intensive Care Unit
- Six (representing two additional) operating theatres and four recovery spaces
- 10-bed Palliative Care Unit
- 14-bed Geriatric Evaluation and Management Unit
- Eight-bed Cardiac Care Unit
- Four-bed Chest Pain Assessment Unit
- 16-bed Medical Ward
- 32-bed Medical Ward
An eight-chair Day Chemotherapy Unit, which will provide chemotherapy and infusion services for cancer patients, is also being delivered.
The new clinical services building will sit between the existing hospital and McKean Street. It will include linkways (on Levels one (ground floor) and two) which connect the new building to the existing Caboolture Hospital, allowing patients, visitors and staff to easily move between the two buildings.
A significant refurbishment program will also be delivered to enhance and modernise targeted spaces within the existing hospital. The refurbishment program is expected to start in 2023 and be finished in 2024. It will include:
- enhanced and expanded Special Care Nursery with 15 bays
- Medical Day Unit
- expanded Medical Records, Pharmacy and Pathology
- a Medical Day Unit and relocated Self-Care Dialysis
A kitchen expansion project is also being delivered, which will support a new model of food service for patient meal management.
These exciting projects will see new facilities built and a refurbishment program that will enhance and modernise spaces within the existing hospital, including family-friendly spaces for patients and visitors.
Satellite hospital facilities are also being built at Rowe Street Caboolture and First Avenue at First Avenue on Bribie Island. They will deliver further healthcare services close to home for patients requiring non-urgent care.
Caboolture Hospital provides excellence in healthcare through:
- High Performance
Caboolture fast facts
In 2021, Caboolture’s 1,332 health professionals provided more than 273,000 occasions of service, including:
- more than 64,000 Emergency Department visits
- more than 157,000 specialist outpatient appointments and consultations for children and adults
- around 8,500 surgical interventions
- delivered more than 2,000 babies
- more than 41,700 inpatient admissions
Emergency Department visits
Specialist outpatient appointments and consultations
Caboolture Hospital Location: McKean Street CABOOLTURE QLD 4510
Phone: (07) 5433 8888