Obstetric Medicine provides specialist monitoring and care for women with complications during pregnancy. We care for women with existing medical conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy, high blood pressure, heart disease and women with the potential to develop medical conditions during their pregnancy.
Our Obstetric Medicine Specialists diagnose and treat medical problems in pregnancy. This includes preconception counselling and consultations for pregnant and postpartum women with a complicated medical condition.
How to access this service
You need a referral letter from your obstetrician or midwife at Caboolture Hospital to access this service. Your obstetric medicine referral will need to be sent to the Specialist Outpatient Department. If there is a waiting list, you will receive a waiting list acceptance letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
Specialist Outpatients Department
Location: Caboolture Hospital
Phone: (07) 5433 8474
Fax: (07) 5433 8726
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.