The Palliative Care Room at Kilcoy Hospital is a comfortable, safe, therapeutic environment that supports end of life management.
Advanced care planning and end of life pain management and support are provided in the self-contained palliative care room. The room is available to patients, their families and their support network within the hospital environment. family are able to stay with you for the duration of your stay. Family pets are also encouraged to visit for your emotional comfort. Please arrange this with the nursing staff prior to the visit.
End of life management is also supported at home with some therapeutic equipment available for lease, via a community Palliative Care Program.
How to access this service
External palliative care services and GPs can access our service via referral to the medical team at Kilcoy Hospital. In order to use this service a support person must be able to stay with the patient.
What to bring
- A dressing gown or cardigan, sleepwear or comfortable day clothes
- Slippers and shoes (low heel, closed-in, non-slip, adjustable and firm fitting around the foot)
- Your toiletries and personal items
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney if you have one
- Something to read or do during your stay
- Medical devices required for your care (e.g. CPAP machine)
- Do not bring large amounts of cash or valuables such as jewellery, watches or other items of value to you
Location: 12 Kropp Street
KILCOY QLD 4515
Phone: (07) 5422 4411
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the palliative care referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline: 1300 364 938