Our Physiotherapy Department provides a specialised service to people who have difficulty moving because of injury, disease or life changes.
We provide Physiotherapy Services at Kilcoy Hospital and Caboolture Hospital. We aim to improve your physical movement and prevent further problems by:
- providing pain relief strategies and treatment
- evaluating and optimising your movement patterns (identifying the way you move and treating muscle imbalances and joint problems)
- restoring your joint range and muscle function
- helping you recover from surgery
- promoting functional independence (helping you do daily tasks as well as possible)
- designing and teaching individualised home exercise programs and teaching self-management strategies.
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
- Medical patients
- Geriatric Evaluation and Management (GEM) Service
Community based services
- Heart and Lung Team
- Community Based Rehabilitation Service
- North Lakes and surrounds health partnership precinct