Cancer Care Services
The Caboolture Hospital Cancer Care Service is dedicated to supporting you through a cancer diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care. We provide specialist services to the Moreton Bay, Caboolture and Kilcoy region, so you can receive cancer care closer to your home.
Finding out that you or someone close to you has cancer can be one of the hardest things to hear, and you will have many questions. We can provide answers and offer guidance as you may face some difficult decisions about potential treatment options.
- Medical oncology consultation
- Radiation oncology consultation
- Additional support during your cancer journey by referring you to the most appropriate healthcare team to meet your needs (including palliative care and allied health referrals)
- Information and education about diagnosis and treatment options
- Access to a dedicated Cancer Care Coordinator
- Help coordinating tests, treatments and appointments
- Explanation about tests and procedures.
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
After your hospital appointment
Your doctor may advise that you require surgery. If this is the case you will be placed on a surgical waiting list and may need to attend the Pre-admission Clinic before your surgery.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
Frequently asked questions
Both run clinics every Wednesday afternoon.
Your doctor will talk to you about treatment and the services available to you.
No, Cancer Care Services at Caboolture Hospital are bulk-billed.
Other health services
You may access a range of services while undergoing cancer treatment. These can include nutritionists and dietitians, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists, physiotherapists, social workers and welfare officers.
Find out more about the role of each of these services on the Cancer Care Services Patient Information website.
Are you a recent patient? Complete the survey and help us improve your services.
Medical and Radiation Oncology Clinics
Location: Specialist Outpatient Department, Ground floor, Caboolture Hospital
Phone: 0437 058 027 or
(07) 5433 8955 (to change or cancel an appointment)
Open: Monday-Friday 8.30am-5.00pm
Need help outside hours?
For out-of-hours support call Caboolture Hospital on (07) 5433 8888 or Kilcoy Hospital on (07) 5422 4411.
In an emergency call 000 or go to a hospital.
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Cancer Care referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline:
1300 364 938