(hormones and glands)
We care for and treat people with diseases caused by problems with their hormones and glands (endocrine system).
We treat a range of conditions including:
- thyroid disease and thyroid cancer
- metabolic bone disorders
- pituitary disorders
- lipid disorders
- general endocrine and metabolic conditions, including adrenal, ovarian and testicular disorders.
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
After your hospital appointment
Your doctor may advise that you require surgery. If this is the case you will be placed on a surgical waiting list and may need to attend the Pre-admission Clinic before your surgery.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
Specialist Outpatient Department
Location: Caboolture Hospital
Phone: (07) 5433 8474
Fax: (07) 5433 8726
Open: Monday-Friday 8.00am-4.00pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Endocrinology referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline: 1300 364 938