Nutrition and Dietetics
(food and diet support)
We help you manage a healthy diet during your stay and when you leave hospital. We work with other services across the hospital to make sure your eating plan matches your health care needs.
The Nutrition and Dietetic Service provides:
- Nutritional screening, assessments and intervention for a variety of conditions
- Nutritional supplements and tube feeding
- Home Enteral Nutrition Service
- General Outpatients Clinic
- Healthy eating group education for mental health consumers
- Paediatric clinics including infant feeding clinics
- Nutrition and health promotion activities for patients, visitors and hospital staff.
We ensure that our hospital menu is tasty and caters to the complex clinical needs of our patients. Our dietetic assistants take menu orders to make sure each patient gets the food they need. Find out more about meals when in hospital. We also provide a cafeteria style service with a range of healthy options to consumers in our Mental Health Unit.
How to access this service
No external referrals are accepted for this service. You can only access this service when you are staying in hospital or if you have been referred by a hospital clinician.
Wait times will vary at our outpatient clinics with urgent appointments seen as soon as possible. Any specific preparation for your appointment will be outlined in your appointment letter.
We do not accept self-referrals without support from a health professional or individual weight loss referrals. Patients needing individual weight loss advice should seek weight loss services in the community or call 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84) a health information and coaching service.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
Allied Health Department
Location: Ground floor, Caboolture Hospital
Phone: (07) 5433 8625
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.