Respiratory Function Tests
We provide specialised lung function testing for people who may have a respiratory disease.
We offer the following tests:
- gas transfer
- lung volumes
- asthma testing
- six-minute walk tests
- respiratory muscle pressures assessment.
These tests help diagnose:
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- interstitial lung diseases
- neuromuscular diseases
- home oxygen requirement.
How to access this service
No external referrals are accepted for this service. You can only access this service when you are staying in hospital or if you have been referred by a hospital clinician.
You will receive an appointment letter and also a list of medications to stop taking before the test.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
Specialist Outpatient Department
Location: Ground floor, Caboolture Hospital
Phone: (07) 3049 3440 or
(07) 5433 8663 (appointments)
Fax: (07) 5433 8726
Open: Monday-Friday 7.30am-2.30pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.