We assess and treat adults with swallowing and communication problems.
Inpatient services include:
- dysphagia (feeding/swallowing) assessments
- the majority of swallowing assessments are conducted via telehealth (as appropriate)
- education on safe feeding/swallowing strategies
- assessment of new communication impairments (speech and language impairments)
- education on strategies to improve communication
- there are no Speech Pathology outpatient services available at Kilcoy Hospital
- a hospital speech pathologist can help with arranging a referral to a community speech pathologist if required after a hospital admission
- alternatively referrals to community speech pathologists can be arranged through your GP
How to access this service
If you are staying in hospital, any staff member involved in your care can refer you to our Speech Pathology Services.
Location: 12 Kropp Street
KILCOY QLD 4515
Phone: (07) 5433 8625
Fax: (07) 5433 8730
Open: Monday-Friday 8.00am-4.30pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to our inpatient services please email: CabH-Speech-Pathology@health.qld.gov.au.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline: 1300 364 938