(outpatient and inpatient appointments)
Telehealth allows you to have your appointment at the Kilcoy Hospital while your doctor or specialist is at another location. Your specialist and pre-admission clinic appointments are held via video in a private video conferencing room. Please ask your doctor or specialist if your next appointment can be via Telehealth.
Telehealth is an expanding area of health care; currently the service includes but is not limited to:
- heart and lung
- orthopaedics (fracture clinic)
- geriatric evaluation management
- holter monitor
- cancer care services.
Telehealth has the capacity to upload the results from holter monitors (a small electronic devices that monitor heart function over 24 to 48 hours) for a cardiac scientist to analyse while the patient attending the video conference.
What to bring
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait