Heart Failure Service
We assess, treat, educate and support people living with heart failure. We will work with you to understand the condition and develop a plan for managing symptoms at home. Our aim is to empower you to better self-manage your chronic condition.
Our team consists of a clinical nurse consultant, cardiologist and pharmacist. We provide:
- inpatient assessment and education on heart failure
- investigation and treatment of heart failure and related symptoms
- post-discharge telephone follow up
- outpatient clinic (for general symptom review, education and medication advice and support)
- medication titration support
- chronic disease coaching
- individualised home exercise plans.
How to access this service
GP or medical practitioner referral
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
Any patient admitted to our hospital or seen in the Specialist Outpatient Department at the hospital can access the Heart Failure Service.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
Specialist Outpatient Department
Location: Caboolture Hospital
Phone: (07) 5433 8474
Open: Thursday 8.00am-1.00pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Heart Failure referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline:
1300 364 938