We provide care and a range of treatments for people with heart problems.
Our team of cardiologists diagnose and treat many heart conditions, including:
- coronary artery disease
- heart failure
- cardiac obstetrics
- valvular heart disease
- infective endocarditis.
Our services include:
- Chest Pain Assessment Service
- Heart Failure Clinic
- echocardiogram (heart testing)
- exercise stress testing
- holter monitoring.
How to access this service
GP or medical practitioner referral
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
We accept internal referrals for patients who have been referred internally from emergency or another Caboolture Hospital service.
After your hospital appointment
Your doctor may advise that you require a procedure. If this is the case you will be placed on a waiting list and may need to attend the Pre-admission or Anaesthetic Clinic before your procedure.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
- An adult carer to support you and take you home
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney (if you have one)
- A jacket or cardigan in case you get cold
- A dressing gown or cardigan, sleepwear or comfortable day clothes
- Slippers and shoes (low heel, closed-in, non-slip, adjustable and firm fitting around the foot)
- Your toiletries and personal items
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney if you have one
- Something to read or do during your stay
- Medical devices required for your care (e.g. CPAP machine)
- Do not bring large amounts of cash or valuables such as jewellery, watches or other items of value to you
Specialist Outpatient Department
Location: Caboolture Hospital
Phone: (07) 5433 8474
Open: Monday-Friday 8.00am-5.00pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Cardiology referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline:
1300 364 938