We diagnose, treat and support adults experiencing memory and behavioural changes, cognitive decline and possible dementia.
- Assessment of memory and cognitive decline
- Diagnosis and management of dementia and related behavioural disturbances
- Functional assessment
- Education and links to community resources
- Assistance in future planning.
How to access this service
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service. Your doctor will need to send your referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
You may also be referred to this service by a clinician working at the Caboolture Hospital following your admission to the hospital.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
Specialist Outpatient Department
Location: Caboolture Hospital
Phone: (07) 5433 8474
Fax: (07) 5433 8726
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Dementia and memory problems referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline: 1300 364 938