We provide specialised care to older people with chronic or complex conditions relating to ageing, disability and cognitive problems.
Our services include:
- cognitive and functional assessment
- restorative care assessment
- comprehensive geriatric assessment
- dementia diagnosis and management
- Memory Clinic
- Geriatric and Rehabilitation Liaison Service to help patients access our services across the hospital and at other facilities.
Our inpatient healthcare team consists of specialist doctors, nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, dietitians, social workers, psychologists and speech pathologists. Medical speciality review and clinical neuropsychology are available through the geriatric medicine and memory clinic.
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
The North block clinic is best accessed through the Recreation Street entrance. There is limited patient parking available outside the clinic.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
- An adult carer to support you and take you home
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney (if you have one)
- A jacket or cardigan in case you get cold
- A dressing gown or cardigan, sleepwear or comfortable day clothes
- Slippers and shoes (low heel, closed-in, non-slip, adjustable and firm fitting around the foot)
- Your toiletries and personal items
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney if you have one
- Something to read or do during your stay
- Medical devices required for your care (e.g. CPAP machine)
- Do not bring large amounts of cash or valuables such as jewellery, watches or other items of value to you
Geriatric Rehabilitation and Liaison Service
Location: North block, Redcliffe Hospital
Phone: (07) 3883 7053
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Geriatric Medicine referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline: 1300 364 938