Nutrition and Dietetics
(nutrition, food and diet support)
We help you manage a healthy diet during your hospital stay and when you leave. We work with other services across the hospital to make sure your eating plan matches your healthcare needs.
The Nutrition and Dietetic Service provides:
- nutritional screening, assessments and intervention for a variety of conditions
- nutritional supplements and tube feeding
- Home Enteral Nutrition Service
- general outpatients clinic
- paediatric clinics (including infant feeding clinics)
- education programs for patients and the community including
- healthy eating and lifestyle program (HELP)
- adolescent weight management program
How to access this service
No external referrals are accepted for this service. You will need an internal referral from a Redcliffe hospital clinician to access our outpatient services. You can also access this service if you have been an inpatient in hospital and are known to the dietetic department. Inpatient dietetic services are provided to the majority of clinical areas in Redcliffe Hospital.
Wait times will vary at our outpatient clinics with urgent appointments seen as soon as possible. Any specific preparation for your appointment will be outlined in your appointment letter.
We do not accept self-referrals without support from a health professional or individual weight loss referral. Patients requiring individual weight loss treatment, who are not eligible or able to attend healthy eating and lifestyle program (HELP), should seek weight loss services in the community or call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) to access the Get Health Information and Coaching Service.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait