Respiratory function tests
We provide specialised lung function testing for people who may have a respiratory disease.
We offer the following tests:
- spirometry (pre/post bronchodilator)
- DLCO (gas transfer)
- lung volume
- maximal respiratory pressures
- 6-minute walk test
- bronchial provocation (by special arrangement).
How to access this service
No external referrals are accepted for this service. You can only access this service when you are staying in hospital or if you have been referred by a clinician from Redcliffe Hospital.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait