We offer psychology services to meet the needs of each patient.
Our psychologists work as part of a Paediatric Allied Health Team to assist paediatricians by providing:
- developmental (physical, language, intellectual, social, and emotional), behavioural and cognitive (learning and understanding) assessments
- short-term therapy
- identification of adjustment difficulties (i.e. anxiety, depression, aggression, conduct, hyperactivity, impulsiveness, poor social skills) and referral to community based health services.
Our psychologists offer psychological services to inpatients at Kilcoy Hospital including:
- cognitive and emotional assessments
- therapy for adjustment difficulties (i.e. anxiety and depression).
How to access this service
No external referrals are accepted for this service. You can only access this service if you have been referred by a Caboolture Hospital or Kilcoy Hospital clinician. If you need psychological support and you are not an inpatient, please speak with your GP.
Please note access to our outpatient services is limited to internal referrals only. To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital that is addressed to the Paediatrician, Children’s Clinic or Specialist Outpatient Clinic. To refer a patient refer to the paediatrics referral guideline or call the GP and specialist hotline on 1300 364 938.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
- Recent school reports and/or assessment reports by other clinicians
- Forms and questionnaires that have been completed by the parent/carer and teacher that have been asked for by the Children’s Outpatient Clinic
Allied Health Department
Location: Ground floor, Caboolture Hospital
Phone: (07) 5433 8625
Fax: (07) 5433 8730
Open: Thursday and Friday
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to our Children’s Service, view the Paediatrics referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline: 1300 364 938