Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) is a world-class health facility, providing excellence in nursing and midwifery care to patients for 155 years.
We are part of Metro North Hospital and Health Service (MNHHS), the largest and most diverse health service in Queensland. We represent one of Australia’s most dynamic nursing and midwifery workforces, employing more than 3,200 nurses and midwives in clinical, management, education and research roles.
Our team is made up of incredibly brilliant and compassionate nurses and midwives. Our vision, mission and values always puts patients first.
Whether starting your nursing or midwifery career, looking to make a difference or seeking an exciting new challenge, we offer something for everyone.
- Queensland Health award based salary
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging
- Formal orientation to MNHHS, RBWH and unit level induction
- Preceptorship to assist with your transition to a new team and work environment
- Professional development and diverse career opportunities
- Transition support programs in all clinical areas
- Opportunities to transfer between clinical specialties
- Access to discounted membership and courses through the Australian College of Nursing
Read the full list of benefits of working for MNHHS.
We offer diverse career pathways and professional development opportunities to support our nursing and midwifery workforce on their journey of lifelong learning.
Our research programs support excellence in healthcare delivery and empower our nurses and midwives to be the drivers of change and innovation.
- Continuing Professional Development Programs
- Transition Support Programs across a variety of clinical specialties
- Graduate support and mentoring
- Support for post-graduate studies
- Opportunities to participate in research
MNHHS is dedicated to the development of the future nursing and midwifery professional workforce. The Nursing and Midwifery Professional Stream maintains partnerships with more than 14 state and national universities and 3 TAFE providers. Additionally, we have established a strong collaborative network with the Australian Defence Force.
Requirements to practice
Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses and Midwives must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) to practise in Australia. Nurses and midwives seeking information in relation to a break in practice or international qualifications should contact NMBA directly for information related to registration.
- Mandatory vaccinations
- Criminal history check
- Professional registration check
Find out more about pre-employment requirements.
Jobs that are advertised are generally positions above the base grade or those requiring skilled nurses and midwives with a specific level of experience or education. Advertised positions can be viewed on Smart Jobs.
Not all vacant nursing and midwifery positions are advertised. RBWH invites nurses and midwives to apply for base grade (Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife, Enrolled Nurse and Assistant in Nursing) positions by applying via Apply Now – EN or Apply Now – RN / Midwife.
Find out more about how to apply for non-advertised positions.
Graduate Registered Nurses and Midwives
MNHHS offers a comprehensive graduate program for qualified nursing and midwifery graduates.
We have prepared a list of frequently asked questions about applying for a job with the RBWH Nursing and Midwifery team.