COVID-19 changes to visiting RBWH
Updated 9 August 2021
To help protect everyone from COVID-19, some restrictions and requirements apply when visiting Metro North Health facilities.
- Face masks must be worn.
- Everyone must check in using the Check in Qld app on arrival and when entering buildings.
You must not visit our hospitals or facilities if:
- You are unwell or have any symptoms consistent with COVID-19, such as:
- a fever (37.5 degrees or higher)
- history of fever (nights sweats or chills)
- an acute respiratory infection
- shortness of breath
- sore throat
- runny nose
- vomiting, nausea, or diarrhoea, or
- loss of smell or loss of taste
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- You have been asked to isolate or home quarantine
- You have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting test results (other than a surveillance test)
- You are a close contact of a person who has COVID-19
- You are a casual contact of a person who has COVID-19 and have not returned a negative COVID-19 test result
- You have returned from overseas (other than a safe travel zone country), an interstate exposure venue, or a hotspot in the last 14 days and do not have an exemption to visit.
If you are unsure if visitor restrictions apply to you – please call ahead and ask the ward or facility before you arrive.