The Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) is Queensland’s largest hospital and provides a wide range of clinical services in the heart of Brisbane. RBWH employs more than 6,000 multidisciplinary staff that together provides life-saving treatment to over half a million people each year.
RBWH provides outstanding care across an extensive range of clinical areas and is known for its preeminent cancer care, maternity, trauma and burns care.
RBWH’s service to the community is immense. It has close to 1,000 beds, provides more than one tenth of all patient services in Queensland as well as services to patients in Northern New South Wales and the Northern Territory.
As the largest provider of telehealth services in Queensland, thousands of patients can connect with the hospital’s specialists via state-of-the-art instant video connection, bringing expert care to rural and regional patients and reducing the need for them to travel large distances away from home.
Firmly established as a world-leading healthcare, research and innovation hub, RBWH has proud partnerships with more than 14 Queensland and national universities, 3 TAFE providers and boasts strong ties to the Australian Defence Force.
RBWH is a Choosing Wisely partner and is leading the way nationally to promote better conversations about the appropriate use of medical tests, treatments and procedures, which is ultimately strengthening and integrating patient care.
In 2017, RBWH celebrates 150 years of caring for Queensland. The modern-day RBWH supports and produces world-leading research and education, and is a prominent innovator in the pursuit of ever-improving patient outcomes.
RBWH is committed to providing high-quality healthcare and is driven by its core values of:
- Respect—we treat everyone with courtesy, equity and fairness.
- Teamwork—we collaborate and work together, valuing each other’s expertise.
- Compassion—caring for our consumers and each other is at the heart of everything we do.
- High performance—we provide high-quality services, of the best value, to meet the needs of our community.
- Integrity—we operate openly and consistently do what we say we will do.
View our model of service delivery.
Meet our dedicated executive team.
RBWH fast facts
In 2016, RBWH’s 6,000 multidisciplinary staff treated more than 600,000 patients, including:
- more than 76,000 Emergency Department visits
- more than 160,000 cancer care treatments, consultations, procedures and other services
- more than 25,500 surgical interventions (around 500 operations performed each week)
- close to 5,000 babies delivered.
Emergency Department visits
Cancer Care visits
Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital
Cnr Butterfield St and
Bowen Bridge Rd
HERSTON QLD 4029
Phone: (07) 3646 8111