Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) is Queensland’s largest hospital and provides a wide range of clinical services in the heart of Brisbane.
RBWH employs more than 9,000 multidisciplinary staff that together provide more than one million episodes of life-saving treatment each year.
RBWH provides outstanding care across an extensive range of clinical areas and is known for its preeminent cancer care, maternity, trauma and burns care.
RBWH’s service to the community is immense. The hospital has close to 1,000 beds, providing more than one tenth of all patient services in Queensland as well as services to patients in Northern New South Wales and the Northern Territory.
As the largest provider of telehealth services in Queensland, thousands of patients can connect with RBWH’s specialists via state-of-the-art instant video connection, bringing expert care to rural and regional patients and reducing the need for them to travel large distances away from home.
Firmly established as a world-leading healthcare, research and innovation hub, RBWH has proud partnerships with more than 14 Queensland and national universities, three TAFE providers and boasts strong ties to the Australian Defence Force. RBWH is also part of the Herston Health Precinct – one of Australia’s largest health and knowledge precincts.
RBWH is a Choosing Wisely partner and is leading the way nationally to promote better conversations about the appropriate use of medical tests, treatments and procedures, which is ultimately strengthening and integrating patient care.
With more than 155 years of caring for Queensland, the modern-day RBWH supports and produces world-leading research and education, and is a prominent innovator in the pursuit of ever-improving patient outcomes.
RBWH is committed to providing high-quality healthcare and is driven by its core values of:
- Respect—we treat everyone with courtesy, equity and fairness.
- Teamwork—we collaborate and work together, valuing each other’s expertise.
- Compassion—caring for our consumers and each other is at the heart of everything we do.
- High performance—we provide high-quality services, of the best value, to meet the needs of our community.
- Integrity—we operate openly and consistently do what we say we will do.
View our model of service delivery.
Meet our dedicated executive team.
In 2021, RBWH’s 8,000 multidisciplinary staff provided more than one million episodes of high quality healthcare to patients, including:
- more than 89,001 Emergency Department visits
- more than 89,425 cancer care visits
- more than 158,594 inpatients
- more than 838,664 outpatients
- more than 5,084 babies delivered.