How to Refer
Who is eligible?
Complex epilepsy referrals are accepted from GPs and specialists anywhere within Queensland. We accept referrals for people with epilepsy who:
- Continue to have seizures despite compliance with treatment with antiepileptic drugs
- Require further diagnostic workup to clarify the epilepsy syndrome or diagnosis
- Require complex pharmacological management
- Have specific issues related to women with epilepsy.
- Are transitioning from paediatric services
First seizure and non-complex epilepsy patients must be from Metro North Hospital and Health Services, or Hospital and Health Services which do not offer Neurology services.
Neurologists requesting epilepsy surgery evaluation may email a named referral direct to: RBWH-Epilepsy-Surgery@health.qld.gov.au
Location: Level 7, Ned Hanlon Building
Phone: (07) 3646 3111
Fax: 07) 3647 62632
Open: Monday-Friday 7.30am-4.30pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Epilepsy referral guideline.
For an existing referral call 1300 364 938.