We provide a range of care and treatment for people with heart problems.
Our team diagnose and treat many heart conditions including:
- coronary artery disease
- heart failure
- syncope (fainting)
- valvular heart disease
- infective endocarditis.
Our services include:
- Coronary Care Unit
- electrocardiography monitoring (to check for any heart damage)
- cardiac monitoring (to record the rhythm of the patient’s heart)
- blood tests (including heart muscle blood tests)
- echocardiogram (heart testing)
- exercise stress testing
- referral to Cardiac Rehabilitation programmes
- Cardiac Liaison Service (to help you understand how to manage your heart condition).
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
Phone: (07) 3883 7770 or (07) 3049 2362
Open: Monday–Friday 8.00am–4.30pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Cardiology referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline: 1300 364 938