Cardiology Clinical Research Centre (CCRC)
The Cardiology Clinical Research Centre (CCRC) is one of the leading sites in Australia for coordinating and conducting clinical trials and investigator initiated research. . The Cardiology Research team is comprised of experienced and dynamic Cardiologists encompassing all cardiac sub-specialities, Clinical Research Nurse Coordinators and Administration Officers.
The CCRC is a large multicentre lead site upholding the regulatory requirement of ethics and governance standards in research submissions. This includes the training of new investigators when commencing pioneering studies to obtain necessary regulatory approval as a Single Site or a Lead Site in Multicentre Research. In addition, various Registries on Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), Transcatheter Mitral Clip Implantation, Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) and Australian Cardiac Outcomes are also being maintained. This resulting feedback on investigator driven studies has enhanced the high quality of research papers being produced by clinicians and researchers.
The Centre also undertakes studies on Diagnostic Medical Imaging and Cardiac Catheter Imaging modalities such as Intravascular Ultrasound, Optical Coherence Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and software applications.
The centre is also dedicated in the coordination and conduct of multiple phases of multi-centred, international and national clinical trials.
The centre produces quality research publications by clinical and research coordinators.
- Transcatheter approach heart procedures including first-in-man research
- Research Ethics and Governance submissions – Single site or Lead Site in Multicentre Research
- Multiple phases of multi-centred, international and national clinical trials, commercially sponsored and investigator driven and collaborative studies
- Treatment, management and follow up care of research patients:
- Severe aortic stenosis
- Severe tricuspid regurgitation
- Severe mitral regurgitation
- Heart failure
- Acute coronary syndrome
- Conduction disturbances
- Diagnostic Medical Imaging and Cardiac Catheter Imaging modalities (Intravascular Ultrasound, Optical Coherence Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and software applications
- Registries on Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), Transcatheter Mitral Clip Implantation, Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Australian Cardiac Outcomes
Cardiology Clinical Research Centre
Location: Level 5, Clinical Sciences Building, The Prince Charles Hospital
Phone: (07) 3139 4711
Fax: (07) 3139 6140
Open: Monday–Friday 8:30am–5:00pm
Prof. Darren Walters:
Director - CCRC
Nurse Manager – CCRC