Geriatric and Rehabilitation Liaison Service
The Geriatric and Rehabilitation Liaison Service (GRLS) is a speciality service available for patients staying at The Prince Charles Hospital who have experienced functional decline before or during a hospital stay.
We offer assessment and advice about care for the older person including:
- psychosocial (mental health, social and functional capacity) assessment
- management and care plan
- referral for rehabilitation
- recommendations regarding discharge planning
- information about support and treatment options in the community.
We work closely with other Geriatric and Rehabilitation Liaison Services across Metro North Hospital and Health Service as well as external care providers to make sure patents receive ongoing care in the right environment.
How to access this service
GP or medical practitioner referral
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service. Your doctor will need contact the GRLS team directly.
You may also be referred to this service by your treating medical team if you are staying at The Prince Charles Hospital.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
Location: Level 1, Building 10, The Prince Charles Hospital
Phone: (07) 3139 5860
Fax: (07) 3139 6696
Open: Monday-Friday 7.30am-4.30pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
GP and specialist referrals are coordinated through GRLS.