(joint, muscle and soft tissue diseases)
We care for patients who have disorders affecting their joints, muscles, bones and ligaments.
We provide a range of diagnostic and treatment services to people suffering severe and chronic musculoskeletal disease. These include:
- medicine-based treatments for many types of arthritis as well as local corticosteroid injections
- advice to GPs on arthritis conditions.
Please note, we do not perform surgical procedures.
How to access this service
GP or medical practitioner referral
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
Wait times will vary at our outpatient clinics with urgent appointments seen as soon as possible.
We also accept inpatient referrals (urgent only) from the hospital.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
- An adult carer to support you and take you home
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney (if you have one)
- A jacket or cardigan in case you get cold
- A dressing gown or cardigan, sleepwear or comfortable day clothes
- Slippers and shoes (low heel, closed-in, non-slip, adjustable and firm fitting around the foot)
- Your toiletries and personal items
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney if you have one
- Something to read or do during your stay
- Medical devices required for your care (e.g. CPAP machine)
- Do not bring large amounts of cash or valuables such as jewellery, watches or other items of value to you
Specialist Outpatient Department
Location: Ground floor, Caboolture Hospital
Phone: (07) 5433 8474
Open: Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Rheumatology referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline: 1300 364 938