Our team assists you and your family with your journey to, during and after hospital.
When you attend any hospital make sure that you ask the staff to contact the Indigenous Hospital Liaison Officer (IHLO) or Indigenous Patient Journey (IPJ) Officer, to come and assist you.
Patients have access to:
Indigenous Hospital Liaison Officer (IHLO)
Assist patients and their families, who reside in South East Queensland.
IHLO’s are available at:
- Caboolture Hospital
- Redcliffe Hospital
- The Prince Charles Hospital
- Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
Indigenous Patient Journey service (IPJ)
Assist patient and their families who are travelling from rural, remote and regional communities.
We support you and your family by providing:
- Bedside visits to explain the hospital system
- Support and advocate your needs when speaking to hospital staff about important matters
- Provide language translation services
- Ensure you are aware of the different types of services available to you at the hospital
- Help you stay up to date with your treatments to achieve long term best health outcomes
- Transportation support (if you are eligible)
How to access this service
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can self-refer or ask your service provider.
Indigenous Hospital Liaison
Indigenous Patient Journey
Community care (acute and primary care)
Central Referral Phone: 1300 658 252
Central Referral Fax: 3360 4822 Brisbane North
General Enquiries Phone: (07) 3492 1804