Connect and engage
Engagement is more than a traditional volunteering opportunity. We see engagement as a partnership, where people who have recently experienced our service become citizen advisors in all aspects of service development, design and delivery. Let’s work together to shape quality care and patient-focused outcomes. Here are some platforms to connect and engage ensuring consumers and community groups have a voice in Metro North.
Please see the following date claimers for consumer and community events or engage with a specific hospital or service for news and events happening throughout Metro North.
Metro North Community Session COVID-19
This 45 minute session updates Metro North consumers and community about our preparations and response to COVID-19. Presenters will explain some of the changes occurring in our hospitals and services at a point in time (31 March, 2020). They also answer your questions submitted prior to the session. In this video you will hear from:
- Geoffrey Binge, Cultural Capability Officer, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Shaun Drummond – Chief Executive, Metro North
- Colleen Jen – Executive Director Strategy and Planning, Metro North
- Dr Alex Chaudhuri – Director of Infectious Diseases, The Prince Charles Hospital
- Dr John Piispanen – Director of Metro North Public Health Unit
Engage with a specific hospital or service
Your support is important and there are range of opportunities from traditional volunteering to engagement. To find out more about the opportunities in your area please engage with a specific hospital or service.