Recognising, rewarding and celebrating staff achievements is an integral part of the Values in Action framework, and helps make Metro North a great place to work.
Today we held the Metro North Australia Day Achievement Awards and recognised 12 individuals and teams who have gone above and beyond to improve and enable delivery of excellent health services.
These people exemplify our values of teamwork, respect, compassion, integrity and high performance through their dedication and commitment to patients, consumers and supporting colleagues.
Bevan Marks, Facility Services Director, Caboolture, Kilcoy and Woodford
For being a dedicated and supportive leader, always going the extra mile to care for his staff, and for treating everyone with dignity and respect.
Professor Peter Hopkins, Director – Heart Lung Stream, Metro North Clinical Services
For his integral role in leading a statewide interventional bronchoscopy service among many other clinical feats and for strengthening engagement, communication and collaboration among facilities.
Catherine Walsh, Food Production & Distribution Supervisor, Brighton Health Campus
For an extraordinary commitment to compassion, kindness, teamwork and integrity and for her determination to always improve patient experiences and meals.
Cooinda House Nursing Team, Community and Oral Health
For their passion to making a difference to people’s lives in residential aged care through their rapid independent upskilling, responsiveness to patients’ needs and strong commitment to Metro North values.
Joe Chawalczak and Ronald Aquilina, Brighton Gardeners, Brighton Health Campus
To celebrate their displays of integrity and respect towards everyone as well as for their exemplary work and dedication to keeping the campus gardens beautiful for all to enjoy.
Melissa Melville and Karen Taylor, NeoReturn, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
For their tireless efforts to bring the NeoRETURN back transfer service to life and for their compassionate, professional approach to caring for their patients.
Michelle Doidge, CNC Infection Control, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
For always striving for excellence as an infectious disease expert, and for being a friendly, approachable and respectful staff member through difficult and challenging times.
Dr Alex Chaudhuri, Director – Infectious Diseases, The Prince Charles Hospital
For his tireless guidance within the Clinical Expert Advisory Group during the COVID-19 outbreak and for his steadfast approach to consistently and effectively responding to the complex changing pandemic climate.
Janice Geary, CNC Infection Control, The Prince Charles Hospital
For always striving for excellence and high performance, especially as an infectious disease expert, and for being a friendly, approachable and respectful staff member.
Brett Nickels, Manager – Building, Engineering and Maintenance, Redcliffe Hospital
For outstanding agility during the COVID-19 response and for consistently keeping patients and staff in mind when performing installations and refurbishments.
Dr Richard Cheng, Clinical Director – Gastro, Redcliffe Hospital
For driving improvements in Gastroenterology by diligently improving the service, spending quality time with patients, delivery compassionate care and by doing the right thing for his staff.
Quality Effectiveness Support Team (QuEST) The Prince Charles Hospital
For providing high quality expertise and quality risk management practices during the COVID-19 response and for always striving for excellence, collaborative teamwork and respect for all.
We would also like to congratulate all of our shortlist finalists:
- Metro North Rheumatologists, Department of Medicine, Metro North
- Dr Zaheerodin Bhikoo, Medical Services, Heart Lung Stream
- Linton Curley, Healthcare Excellence and Innovation
- Michelle Kane, Nursing Director, Community and Oral Health
- Trevor Sadler, A/Director, Adolescent Psychiatry, Metro North Mental Health
- Christine Burridge, Nursing Director, Metro North
- Diane Bretherton, Emergency Management, Metro North
- Louise D’Allura, A/Learning Coordinator, Metro North Office of Research
- Rebecca Chambers, Project Lead, Heart Lung Stream
- Redcliffe Hospital Carpark Project Team, Metro North Assets and Infrastructure and Redcliffe Hospital
- STARS Project Team, STARS and Metro North Assets and Infrastructure
- Peter King, Director Patient Services, Clinical Support Services
- Kate Jakeman and Luke Shorten, Director Operations IMS, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Vanessa Collines and Rhiannon Staples, Social Work – Allied Health, Redcliffe Hospital
- Ila Stuer, Surgical Clinical Lead, STARS
- Jason Jenkins, Executive Director Surgical & ICU Clinical Stream and STARS Surgical Executive Director
- Leah Thompson, Manager Research and Quality, The Prince Charles Hospital
Congratulations to all the nominees and award recipients.