Outpatient appointment changes because of COVID-19
As we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking measures to protect staff and patients including changes to some of our services.
We have put together some responses to our most Frequently Asked Questions about these changes.
At your outpatient appointment you will see a health professional about your condition without being admitted into hospital.
Requesting an appointment
To get an outpatient appointment, your GP needs to send a referral to the hospital. The hospital will send you a letter either offering an appointment or advising that your name has been placed on a wait list. Your letter will advise you on the clinic you are required to attend and how to prepare for your appointment. If your condition changes or you are concerned about your health before the date of your appointment, please contact your GP.
During your appointment you will speak to a health professional either in person or via video conference (this is called Telehealth). Kilcoy Hospital offers some outreach services for oral health and antenatal care.
When you arrive, register your attendance at the reception desk with your appointment letter.
At your first appointment your health professional will discuss your concerns and a health care plan. You may require an examination or further tests. Your health professional will also advise if you require further appointments.
What to bring
Each time you visit us
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
For an outpatient or clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
Outpatient clinics contact
Please call the corresponding clinic number to:
- confirm your have received your appointment request
- change or cancel your appointment
- update your contact details.