Our Podiatry Service cares for people with foot or lower limb conditions.
We provide assessment, treatment and management of foot complications, including:
- foot ulcers (wounds)
- diabetic foot ulcers (wounds)
- Charcot foot
- people who have a history of chronic foot wounds.
Our services include:
- wound management
- off-loading for wounds and the Charcot foot
- assessment of the blood flow to your feet
- assessment of the sensation to your feet.
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
Location: Level 1, Dr James Mayne Building
Phone: (07) 3646 6738
Fax: (07) 3646 7089
Open: Monday-Friday 8.00am-4.30pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Foot ulcer and multidisciplinary high risk foot service referral guideline.
GP and specialist referral hotline: 1300 364 938