In light of the restrictions to wear masks, instead of holding its meeting at Redcliffe Hospital, the Board met in person at the Clinical Skills Development Service, Herston where social distancing requirements could be met. The Board will next meet at Redcliffe Hospital on 28 September.
A summary of the meeting is provided below.
- The Board noted the report from the Chair including a summary of key meetings and events attended and approved amendments to Board Committee terms of reference.
- The Board noted the patient safety and quality report including performance on key indicators and endorsed that Metro North continue preparation to move to Short Notice Accreditation Assessment under the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards.
- A briefing from the Acting Chief Executive on important issues for Metro North was provided covering the COVID response including vaccinations and the Satellite Hospital Program.
- The Board received updates from the Chief Finance and Corporate Officer on the end of financial year position and the preparation of the annual financial statements.
- The Board approved the organisation’s Risk Appetite Statement as well as decisions regarding the Herston Quarter Redevelopment project.
- The Board noted the clinical services report, Metro North Research update and report from Surgical and Intensive Care Services, as well as preparation of the Metro North Health Annual Report 2020-21.
- The Executive Director Redcliffe Hospital discussed the hospital’s COVID-19 response through the onsite Fever Clinic and Vaccination Clinic. An update on progress toward the Better Together Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Plan 2019-2022, capital works infrastructure program and staff engagement survey results was provided.
- The Board noted reports on the Caboolture Hospital Redevelopment Project, Metro North Assets and Infrastructure, Annual Risk Review and Strategic Risks, and Communications.
The Board will hold its next meeting on 31 August 2021 at the Clinical Skills Development Service, Herston.