Webinar Invitation for GPs
Common challenges in primary care: Assessing CVD risk in primary care and the local assessment and management of acute chest pain
Metro North Hospital and Health Service (MNHHS) and Brisbane North PHN invite GPs to join us and our panel of experts for an evening webinar of education, networking and discussion about assessing CVD risk and managing acute chest pain and IHD in primary
In 2019, a new item number called the Heart Health Check was introduced. This has allowed patients 40 years old and over (30 and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients) to be screened for heart disease. This has led to questions about the management of lifestyle and cholesterol risk in largely asymptomatic patients. This webinar will allow GPs to ask any questions that they have regarding this heart check and around IHD and cholesterol risk management.
This GP education will be in webinar format and we will be using Slido to allow registrants to submit questions both prior to and during the event. Links to access the webinar and the Slido service will be sent out in a separate confirmatory email on registration.
- Describe and discuss the assessment of CVD risk and the Heart Health Check.
- Develop strategies for the management of lipid disorders and risk factors in asymptomatic patients with intermediate CVD risk.
- Risk enhancers – a new concept in cardiovascular risk.
- Discuss the role of calcium scoring in Primary Care.
- Understand and discuss chest pain management protocols and the role of the Chest
- Pain Assessment Service (CPAS).
- Assessing CVD risk and the Heart Health Check.
- Principles of cholesterol management.
- The role of calcium scoring in primary care.
- An orientation to chest pain protocols at The Prince Charles Hospital and the role of the CPAS.