The Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) does not always advertise vacant positions. The hospital receives a large number of unsolicited applications for base grade positions. Applications for base grade positions should be submitted to Nursing and Midwifery Recruitment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be considered for positions.
Base grade positions require only a base level of experience and qualification. Nursing and Midwifery Services categorises assistants in nursing, enrolled nurses, registered nurses and midwives as base grade positions.
What are the minimum requirements for a base grade nursing/midwifery position?
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia. Some positions may require experience and/or additional post-graduate qualifications to meet eligibility criteria.
Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses and Midwives must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) to practise in Australia. Nurses and midwives seeking information in relation to a break in practice or international qualifications should contact NMBA directly for information related to registration.
- Mandatory vaccinations
- Criminal history check
- Professional registration check
Find out more about pre-employment requirements.
Only complete applications will be considered for possible positions. please include all of the following:
- cover letter (detailing the type of position sought – full-time, part-time or casual, your area of interest and when you would be available to commence)
- up-to-date CV
- copy of NMBA/AHPRA registration or evidence that it has been submitted (registered nurses, midwives and enrolled nurses only)
- evidence of completion of Certificate III in Aged Care or completion of the 1st year of study for current Bachelor of Nursing/Midwifery or Diploma of Nursing and continuing enrolment (assistants in nursing only)
- proof of residency/work rights.
Your CV should include the following:
- Personal details – name, address, contact details (phone and email)
- Education/qualifications (reverse chronological order – most recent information first)
- All previous nursing/midwifery experience (reverse chronological order – most recent information first)
- Other experience
- 2 referees with role title and work contact details (personal phone numbers and emails will not be accepted)
- 1 referee must be a current line manager if currently employed.
Please note, referees may be contacted prior to you attending an interview. If this is not appropriate, please specify this in your CV.
Proof of residency/work rights
Proof of residency depends on whether you are an Australian Citizen or in Australia on a visa.
You must provide a copy of a valid Australian passport or a copy of your Australian birth certificate or an Australian Citizenship Certificate.
Permanent residents and other visa holders
You must provide a copy of your valid passport and a copy of your valid visa. Visa holders will have their work rights checked prior to their application being considered. If you do not wish for this to occur, please indicate this when submitting the documentation. Visa holders are also required to complete a consent form for a Work Rights Check with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. This consent form will be forwarded to appropriate applicants by Nursing and Midwifery Recruitment on receipt of all other documentation. Applicants without valid work rights will not be considered for employment.