Accommodation and travel
If you live in a rural or remote area and need to travel more than 50km for specialist medical services that are not available locally, you may be eligible for the Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme (PTSS) to help with your travel and accommodation costs.
The RBWH accommodation guide lists venues within a 5km radius of RBWH. This is a guide only and is not endorsed by the RBWH.
Ronald McDonald House provides subsidised accommodation for mothers whose babies are in hospital. Ronald McDonald House Herston is located next to the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
We have facilities to assist people with disabilities access the hospital. This includes:
- Reserved disability parking bays in car parks
- Dedicated drop off zone at the front of the hospital
- Access ramp outside the main entrance to the taxi rank
- Wheelchairs are available at the main entrance. Please ask an RBWH Foundation volunteer or the front information desk. Our volunteers are available to help Monday-Friday 8.00am-4.00pm
- All floors across the hospital are accessible by lifts which have braille buttons and audible level announcements
- Disable accessible toilets are located on every floor. Please ask staff if you need further directions
- Nappy and incontinence bins are located throughout the hospital.
Advance care planning
Advance care planning is a process of planning for your future health and personal care so your values, beliefs and preferences are made known. This can help to guide decision-making at a future time if you cannot make or communicate your decisions.
Chaplains offer spiritual support and pastoral care to patients, visitors and staff. This includes
- an accepting, compassionate, respectful and attentive presence to people of all or no particular faith
- Help and support in times of stress or crisis
- Prayers and the Sacraments (eg communion) where appropriate
- Regular Christian Services in the Chapel/Prayer room.
For more information phone: (07) 3646 8404
Services are held in the Chapel/Prayer Room, Ground Floor, Ned Hanlon Building, next to Metro Cafe. The Prayer Room is open to people of all faiths or for those needing a quiet place of refection