In the early days following birth, we offer you, your baby and family ongoing care and education.
A midwife will call you within 2-3 days after being discharged from hospital, to see how you and your baby are progressing. Midwives offer one-to-one care providing education and help with feeding and parenting. We can help with:
- routine postnatal checks for mother and baby
- support and assistance with breastfeeding
- baby care education – such as feeding management, settling techniques and safety advice
- referrals to relevant community groups as needed.
Women are encouraged to take their baby to their GP for a check-up 5-10 days post-birth and again at 6 weeks
Your private midwife or Maternity Group Practice Amity Midwife will follow up at home and have their own home visiting regimes.
Early feeding and support drop-in clinics
Early feeding and support drop-in clinics are offered. Child health nurses provide help, support and advice with:
- infant feeding and sleep
- breastfeeding support, assistance and helpful advice
- referral to other support services for specific needs.
To find your nearest drop-in clinic call 1300 366 039 or visit the child health service website.
For further support call 13 HEALTH (13 432 584), a 24 hours, 7 days or call the Breastfeeding helpline on 1800 686 268.
Home Materntiy Service
Phone: (07) 3883 7709
Phone: 1800 686 268
Feeding drop-in clinic
Phone: 1300 366 039