We provide expert care and advice to patients and carers on all aspects of wound and pressure injury prevention.
Patients can access a range of services, including:
- clinical expertise in the assessment, coordination and management of patients with chronic and acute wounds
- education and support for patients and healthcare professionals about wound management
- clinical expertise in the prevention and management of pressure injuries.
How to access this service
No external referrals are accepted for this service. You can only access this service when you are staying in hospital or if you have been referred by a clinician from Redcliffe Hospital.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
Wound and Stomal Therapy Department
Location: Level 5, Redcliffe Hospital
Phone: (07) 3883 7633
Fax: (07) 3883 7954
Open: Monday-Friday 8.00am-3.30pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the Central Referral Unit referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline: 1300 364 938