Admission to hospital
For a day procedure
When you arrive at the hospital, visit the Patient Admissions Desk on the Ground floor directly inside the main entrance. Our admission team will help you to complete your paperwork and check that your details are correct.
You will then be escorted by a volunteer to the Day Procedure Unit on level 2 of the main hospital.Please ensure that you organise a support person to stay with you while you are admitted to hospital and to pick you up after your procedure.
To avoid your procedure being cancelled, make sure you have followed the preparation instructions given to you during your pre-admission appointment.
For maternity services
Prior to coming to hospital call our Birthing Suite on (07) 3883 7714. On your arrival, go to the Birth Suite reception, located on Level 3. View more information about your labour and birth at Redcliffe Hospital.
What to bring
Each time you visit us
- Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if applicable)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine). Please ensure all medication is in original containers and not in pill boxes.
- Relevant x-rays, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
For a day procedure
- A responsible adult carer to stay with you to hear instructions, help you and take you home
- Advanced Healthcare Directive if you have one
- A jacket or cardigan in case you get cold
Staying overnight or longer
- A dressing gown or cardigan, sleepwear or comfortable day clothes
- Slippers and shoes (low heel, closed-in, non-slip, adjustable and firm fitting around the foot)
- Your toiletries and personal items
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney if you have one
- Something to read or do during your stay
- Medical devices required for your care (e.g. CPAP machine)
- Do not bring large amounts of cash or valuables such as jewellery, watches or other items of value to you
- Phone or smart device, we have free WiFi throughout the hospital for patients to use
Location: Anzac Avenue
REDCLIFFE QLD 4020
Phone: (07) 3883 7777