1300 847 833
8am to 10pm Monday to Sunday
(GPs and QAS ONLY)
For GPs and QAS
Metro North Virtual ED offers alternative pathways that can help avoid your patient waiting in an Emergency Department.
Metro North Health has developed a Virtual Emergency Department service to provide primary healthcare providers with access to specialist emergency medicine advice, by telephone or video conferencing with one of our senior FACEM’s.
It is a safe, fast and efficient way for you to consult with an emergency physician and use real-time technology to align treatment and ongoing services for your patient.
The Emergency Specialist can assist in many ways:
- Advice to assist you to continue your patient management within the community
- Advise on the interpretation of pathology, radiology, ECGs and other investigations
- Engagement with hospital managed community services such as RADAR and HITH (Hospital in the Home) to support your patient with daily skilled nurse visits
- Connection to a hospital sub specialist for timely advice
- The arrangement of an urgent outpatient review in a specialty “hot clinic” all within 48 hours
- Direct admission to hospital for those patients who do not require urgent ED care
- Liaison with an Emergency Department specialist when rapid admission and care is required
See the Virtual ED fact sheet for GPs for more information.
You can seek advice and support for any patient that requires hospital level input but is stable and does not require urgent transport to a place of safety such as an Emergency Department.
All advice and joint decisions will be documented in EDIS and stored for uploading to the Viewer.
Have you used this service? Please complete this survey so we can find ways to improve the Virtual Emergency Department service.
If you have any questions or queries, please email email@example.com.