Our physiotherapists provide specialised services to people who have difficulty moving as a result of injury, disease or life changes. Our physiotherapists work in both rehabilitation and surgical services.
We help improve your ‘occupational performance’ and enable return to functional independence by:
- comprehensive assessment and treatment of function, sensorimotor and cognition / perception skills
- patient centred goal setting and targeted meaningful activity to guide retraining programs
- use of modified activity and adaptive techniques, equipment and modifications to assist function and independence
Our Occupational Therapists provide specialised services in:
- hand therapy, including splinting and post-surgical care
- upper limb neurological rehabilitation
- hypertonicity management
- activities of daily living (ADL) retraining including personal ADLs, complex and extended ADLs and vocational retraining
- functional cognitive and perceptual skills retraining including attention, memory and executive functions
- home assessment and minor / major modification recommendations community access assessment and retraining.
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
Location: STARS, 296 Herston Road, Herston
Phone: (07) 3647 7111
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.