Treatment and Rehabilitation
The Surgical, Treatment and Rehabilitation Service (STARS) is a new specialist public health facility for Metro North Hospital and Health Service (MNHHS).
Located at the Herston Health Precinct, STARS will be part of a collaborative community home to more than 30 health facilities, medical research institutes, universities and organisations. The Precinct is made up of 13,000 clinical and non-clinical staff, scientists, researchers and students, working together to deliver excellence in health.
We are building a new team to deliver exceptional healthcare at STARS.
Download our workforce attraction booklet.
The new public health facility has been designed to provide a range of new and expanded healthcare services to:
- Increase access to geriatric and specialist rehabilitation services, elective surgery and endoscopy services
- Meet the growing demand for specialist rehabilitation services
- Reduce the number of sub-acute rehabilitation patients being treated in acute beds
- Ensure more patients have access to services within clinically recommended timeframes
- Reduce patient wait times for specialist rehabilitation and elective surgery and endoscopy services.
With 100 beds for rehabilitation, STARS is one of the largest specialist rehabilitation services in the southern hemisphere.
Low complexity, elective, short stay surgical procedures will be available across nine speciality areas:
- Ears, Nose and throat (ENT)
- General surgery
- Plastics and Reconstruction
Surgical, Treatment and Rehabilitation Service (STARS)
296 Herston Rd
HERSTON QLD 4029
Phone: (07) 3646 8111