Our Vascular Surgery Department provides comprehensive specialised services for people who have problems with their veins and arteries.
- Varicose veins and open venous surgery.
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
What to expect
Please allow 2 hours to be seen for your appointment.
Your doctor may advise that you require surgery or another type of procedure. If this is the case you will be placed on a waiting list and may need to attend the Pre-admission Clinic or Anaesthetic Clinic prior
Location: Ground Floor, STARS, 296 Herston Rd HERSTON QLD 4029
Phone: 1300 771 675
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.