We are a large General Medicine Service, providing treatment and care for a wide range of medical conditions. We also specialise in geriatric and rehabilitation medicine.
We provide medical treatment for adult patients needing urgent short-term treatment, complex care, rehabilitation or specialised aged care. Our services include:
- Outpatient Clinics
- Day Unit Investigation Therapy (DUIT)
- Early Assessment Medical Unit (EMU)
- Rapid Access Medical Surgical Unit
- 24/7 consultant led emergency medical team
- 24/7 on-site medical registrar
- Geriatric and Rehabilitation Services for inpatients and outpatients.
How to access this service
GP or medical practitioner referral
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.
You can also access this service if you have been referred internally from The Prince Charles Hospital Emergency Department.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient:
General Medicine referral guideline
GP and Specialist Hotline:
1300 364 938
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing aids and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
- An adult carer to support you and take you home
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney (if you have one)
- A jacket or cardigan in case you get cold
- A dressing gown or cardigan, sleepwear or comfortable day clothes
- Slippers and shoes (low heel, closed-in, non-slip, adjustable and firm fitting around the foot)
- Your toiletries and personal items
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney if you have one
- Something to read or do during your stay
- Medical devices required for your care (e.g. CPAP machine)
- Do not bring large amounts of cash or valuables such as jewellery, watches or other items of value to you
Specialist Outpatient Clinics
Location: Ground floor, Main Building, The Prince Charles Hospital
Phone: (07) 3139 4207
Fax: (07) 3139 5065
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to this service, view the General Medicine referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline:
1300 364 938