Day Unit Investigation Therapy
Day Unit Investigation Therapy (DUIT) is an innovative outpatient service which provides tests and treatments for patients who would otherwise be required to be admitted into hospital. This makes booking times quicker and access to services more convenient for patients.
Diagnosis using radiological investigations (x-rays, MRI and CT scans etc.) or pathology (blood, urine and tissue) testing.
Procedures and treatments including the drainage of fluid in the abdomen (ascites) or chest (pleural effusion), blood transfusions, medication infusions (e.g. iron) and IV fluids for rehydration.
We manage a variety of conditions that have traditionally been treated during a hospital stay. This includes cellulitis (skin infection), community acquired pneumonia and urinary tract infections.
How to access this service
No external referrals are accepted for this service. You can only access this service when you have been referred by a clinician from The Prince Charles Hospital.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing aids and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
- An adult carer to support you and take you home
- Copy of Advanced Healthcare Directive or Enduring Power of Attorney (if you have one)
- A jacket or cardigan in case you get cold
Location: Level 1, Main Building,
The Prince Charles Hospital
Phone: (07) 3139 6720
Fax: (07) 3139 6723
Open: Monday-Friday 8.00am-4.00pm
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.