Our Podiatry Service cares for people with foot or lower limb conditions.
We provide assessment, treatment and management of foot complications for patients staying at the hospital including:
- foot ulcers (wounds)
- diabetic foot ulcers (wounds)
- pressure injuries (bed sores)
- Charcot foot
- people who have a history of chronic foot wounds
- people who are at risk of falls.
Our services include:
- wound management
- off-loading wounds and the Charcot foot
- assessment of the blood flow to your feet
- assessment of the sensation to your feet
- Multidisciplinary High Risk Foot Service
- support for Orthopaedics Outpatient Clinic
- Rehabilitation Service.
How to access this service
No external referrals are accepted for this service. You can only access this service when you are staying in hospital or if you have been referred by a clinician from The Prince Charles Hospital.
What to bring
- Your Medicare card
- Private health insurance card (if you have one)
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Current medications (prescription, over the counter and herbal medicine)
- Relevant x-rays, scans or any other test results or reports
- Glasses, hearing and mobility aids
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Snacks, a drink or money to buy refreshments
- Something to read or do while you wait
- If staying in hospital, bring some comfortable footwear
Specialist Outpatients/Allied Health Services
Location: Ground floor, Main Building, The Prince Charles Hospital
Phone: (07) 3139 4443
Need help outside hours?
For non-urgent medical issues call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) or visit your GP.
In an emergency call 000.
Refer a patient
To refer a patient to the Multidisciplinary High Risk Foot service, view the referral guideline.
GP and Specialist Referral Hotline: 1300 364 938